Tuesday, September 27, 2011

"Two Kinds" Before You Read: Something You Don't Want to Do

I was at a lake a time ago and I climbed a really big tree that had a little board you could stand on when you get up top. I really wanted to do it at first but once I got up I did not want to jump down after that. I felt frightened because I didn't think it was going to be that high and I'm also kind of scared of hights so it made everything even worse. After all the thinking I went through I had to jump no matter what because there was no climbing back down because I would run the risk of falling all that way down. This was resolved by jumping down, then keeping my eyes closed till right before I hit the water. As soon as I got up and out of the water I knew I wasnt going to do that again but sure enough I climbed right back up and did it again.

3 comments:

  1. Why did you climb back up? Was it fun? Did your friends or brother pressure you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who expected you to jump off of it? I alwasy wanted to jump off of a tree into a lake, I hope I do in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading this. I felt like I was right there with you! Isn't it a good feeling to overcome your fear?...maybe that's why you did it again?

    ReplyDelete